Accuphase :: AC-5 Stereo phono cartridge
Unlike CDs, playback of analog records in high quality requires dedication and an understanding of the various aspects of the process, making the enjoyment of music with this medium a special and truly rewarding experience.
Optional phono stages as plug-in boards are a feature of the Accuphase design approach and more recently the C-27 phono preamp from Accuphase has garnered high praise in the audiophile world.
We are now taking the next logical step in releasing the AC-5 pickup cartridge. Moving Coil cartridges from Accuphase have a long and distinguished history, beginning with the AC-1 in 1979, and followed by the AC-2 and AC-3. The AC-5 picks up while incorporating a new design and the finest materials available. It was honed to perfection through extended listening tests and is designed to ensure the ultimate in analogue record reproduction.
Click here for the AC-5 brochure.
- Cartridge type: Moving coil
- Rated output voltage: 0,24 mV (1kHz, 5 cm/sec)
- Impedance: 4,5 ohms (1 kHz)
- Frequency response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz (±1 dB)
- Channel separation: 30 dB (1 kHz)
- Channel balance: 0,5 dB (1 kHz)
- Trackability: 80 µm/2,0 g (300 Hz)
- Generating coil, Wire material: 0,03 mm dia. 6N-LCOFC,
Layout: Horizontal symmetrical
- Magnet: Samarium Cobalt Type 30
- Cantilever: 0,3 mm dia. solid amorphous boron
- Stylus, Material: Microridge needle diamond 0,1 mm dia., Curvature: 3 µm x 60 µm,
Service life: 2 000 hours (tracking force 2,0 g)
- Tracking force, Recommended: 2,0 g, Range: 1,7 to 2,5 g
- Compliance, Horizontal: 15 x 10 –6 cm/dyne, Vertical: 12 x 10 –6 cm/dyne
- Output terminals: 1,25 mm dia. (gold-plated brass)
- Recommended load impedance, Amplifier: 100 ohms or higher, Step-up transformer: 10 ohms or higher
- Cartridge weight: 11,5 g
- Use of pewter minimizes transmission of vibrations and induction noise to cartridge body.
Pewter is an alloy of tin with small amounts of antimony and copper. It is given a manual mirror finish and then rhodium and gold plated.
- Microridge stylus shape similar to record cutter ensures wide playback frequency range.
- Solid amorphous boron cantilever with high propagation speed
- Samarium Cobalt Type 30 magnet with excellent thermal characteristics
- "Real sound" type generating coil using 6N-LCOFC wire
- 8-piece pure damper