Accuphase :: P-6100 STEREO Power amplifier
The P-6100 is a stereo version of the Class AB Monophonic Power Amplifier M-6000 using power MOS-FETs in the output stage. Benefitting from the outstanding design technology of its predecessor, the P-6100 features instrumentation amplifier topology for fully balanced signal paths, as well as a further refined MCS+ circuit and the current feedback principle to minimize noise.
Printed circuit boards made from glass fluorocarbon resin with low dielectric constant and low loss, as well as specially selected top-grade materials and parts are used throughout. The output stage employs an 8-parallel push-pull arrangement of high-power MOS-FET devices renowned for their great sound and utter reliability. Massive heat sinks on both sides of the chassis achieve efficient dissipation of thermal energy.
Together with the high-efficiency toroidal transformer housed in an aluminum enclosure with heat dissipation fins and the two large 56 000 µF filtering capacitors, the power supply allows the amplifier to deliver an amazing 700 watts of power per channel into an ultra-low impedance load of 1 ohm (music signals). Using the P-6100 in bridged mode creates a monophonic amplifier with even more impressive power capability, rated for 1400 watts into 2 ohms (music signals).
- Powerful 8-parallel pairs push-pull MOS-FET output stage in each channel delivers linear power into loads as low as one ohm
- Instrumentation amplifier type design of amplification stages
- Further refined MCS+ circuit topology
- Current feedback circuit combines excellent sound quality with total operation stability
- Bridged connection mode allows upgrading to true monophonic amplifier
- 4-step gain control
- Continuous average output power per channel: 110 watts (into 8 O); 220 watts (into 4 O); 440 watts (into 2 O); 700 watts (into 1 O) / Bridged operation: 440 watts (into 8 O); 880 watts (into 4 O); 1 400 watts (into 2 O)
- Frequency response: 0,5 Hz - 160 kHz +0, -3,0 dB
- Intermodulation distortion: 0,01%
- Damping factor: 300
- S/N ratio: 120 dB or better (A weighted) Rated input: 1,18 V
- Logarithmic compression type analog power meters
- Meter ON/OFF switch
- Mode selector
- Input selector
- Gain selector
- Balanced inputs
- Maximum dimensions: 465 (W) x 221 (H) x 499 (D) mm
- Mass: 42,7 kg